Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Starbucks Success #2

Sticking with Starbucks as my company, I took to Instagram to find another social media success. Approximately one week ago, Starbucks posted a photo of a man, his pug, and a Starbucks iced coffee and breakfast sandwich.

This post was a success for two main reasons. The first is the content of the post. Not only is there a real person in the photo, but the picture is really all about the dog. The dog is sticking its tongue out and it makes me laugh, which brings in humor to the post. The second reason this is a successful post is the use of promotions. Starbucks will “regram” their favorite posts that use their hashtag, #StarbucksOnIce. By using this promotion, Starbucks is encouraging their followers to engage with them. The post is also successful because it shows their product in an enticing way, without being overbearing in the message. Looking at the breakfast sandwich, I can tell that the logo peaking out from underneath is the Starbucks logo, but it is not jumping out at me to the point that I find it obnoxious.

Morgan M.


No comments:

Post a Comment